Saturday, November 22, 2008

I am an Instigator

I know it at least since I read the D&D 4th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide in June, but now that I found the text online, I can share it with my coplayers.

I love being an Instigator - with capital "I". :)

Instigator
An instigator enjoys making things happen. She has no patience for careful planning or deliberation. She’ll open an obviously trapped chest “just to see what happens.” She provokes authority figures and opens dungeon doors to bring more monsters into an already difficult fight. The instigator loves the vicarious thrill taking enormous risks and sometimes just making bad choices.
The instigator can be disruptive, but she can also be a lot of fun for the other players. Things rarely grind to a halt with an instigator in the group, and the stories that get retold after the game session often revolve around whatever crazy thing the instigator did this week.

AN INSTIGATOR:
Likes to make things happen.
Takes crazy risks and makes deliberately bad choices.
Thrives in combat and dislikes having nothing to do.
Takes decisive action when things grind to a halt.


As a teenage GM I hated my brother to be an instigator though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you like that text. No further comment.